Hi there, I’m glad you stopped by! 😄
What is this?
I plan on using this space to discuss neurodivergence, and my personal experiences. Keep in mind that I am no expert in this topic, but would simply like to share what life has been like, and how I perceive the world.
I created this space for a few reasons:
- To hopefully bring more awareness, but most importantly acceptance.
- The character limit on applications can be too low for me.
- I’m hoping that anyone reading my applications will end up on this page, and enjoy a good read.
- Due to my neurodivergence, I perceive the world differently (maybe, you do too).
- I would like to add a page with charities and non-profits that are trustworthy.
- Finding which charities to donate to can easily lead to decision-fatigue, especially as a neurodivergent person, so I would like to help reduce some of the cognitive load.
- I have a lot of opinions and would like to share them.
Here is a list of a few topics I would like to discuss on my blog:
- My diagnoses
- The process of getting diagnosed
- Growing up neurodivergent
- Trying to do research as a career
- Trustworthy charities and non-profits that help the neurodivergent community
- Being in a STEM field
- Friends and relationships
- Building a support system
- Random stories about how I perceive the world
I could also post some of my art and photography! :)
I don’t have a specific timeline, but I’ll be filling out the posts little by little. I’m working on improving the way I communicate in writing, since I’m currently not very good at it.
I’ll be using various acronyms repeadtly throughout these posts. The most frequent ones will most likely be:
- ND: neurodivergent
- NT: neurotypical
- ADD: Attention Deficit Disorder
- ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- AD: Anxiety Disorder
- GAD: Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- OCD: Obssessive-Compulsive Disorder
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- WIP: Work In Progress
No need to memorize them, I’ll mention the full terms when an acronym is used!
If you have any questions regarding any of the posts, or would like to talk, please feel free to email me!
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 👋